Control of deep-rooted perennial and biennial weeds on rangeland, permanent grass pastures and non-cropland in Western Canada.
Why Use Tordon 22K?
Leafy Spurge & Toadflax. Tordon 22K is the only tool for effective control of deep-rooted perennials such as Leafy Spurge and Toadflax.
Residual. Provides residual control for extended timelines between treatments.
Easy to Use. Packaged in convenient 2x10L jugs.
- Scentless chamomile
- Diffuse knapweed
- spotted knapweed
- Perennial sow thistle
- Canada thistle
- Russian knapweed
- pasture sage,
- poverty weed.
- Leafy spurge
- field bindweed.
Rates and Packaging
When To Apply
- Tordon 22K is packaged in 2x10L jugs
- Apply Tordon 22K at 1.1-4.5 L/ha. Use enough water to wet the weeds without run-off, 400 to 800 L of spray per treated hectare is usually required.
- For the control of leafy spurge, field bindweed, toadflax only, a spot treatment rate of 90 mL per 100 m2 may be used provided no more than 50% of a hectare is treated.
- Apply to target weeds when they are actively growing
- Only weeds present at the time of application will be controlled
- Apply to actively growing weeds. Avoid applying to plants under stress.
- Do not apply to soils that are very permeable (textures of sandy loam to sand) throughout the entire profile and which also have an underlying shallow aquifer.
- Do not treat areas intended to be used for cultivated sensitive crops or other desirable plants. It may take up to five years for herbicides containing picloram to be deactivated by the soil. Clippings from grass or crops which have been treated with Tordon 22K should not be used for composting or mulching, nor should the manure from animals grazing treated areas or fed treated forage be used around susceptible plants.
- Avoid application when heavy rain is forecast.
- Tordon 22K should NOT be used over-the-top of desirable trees. Application should remain 1.5x the height of off target trees away. Use additional caution around lateral root systems, shallow rooting species and those that propagate vegetatively through layering.
- There are no grazing restrictions for livestock grazing treated areas
Always read the product label before making applications